On top of this awesome game, it’s also Bulldog Bash on Friday! It’ll be an epic time in the Cotton District: pep rallies, tailgate and cook-off competitions, and bands all afternoon and night. The main stage will be set up on Main Street and Maxwell, with several tents of food, relics, games, and arts and crafts on surrounding streets. Bulldog Bash is a free event put on by the Mississippi State University Student Association, and will benefit the charity, Reclaimed Project–“birthed out of a desire to exalt Christ by fulfilling the biblical mandate to serve orphans and the poor.”
- Early in the afternoon, “FanFare” will take place in the District, starting at 3pm, and full of kid’s games, booths, free giveaways, and local businesses. It ends at 5pm, with a huge DawgRally following at the epicenter of events on Main Street.
- Country singer, Chris Young, will be on stage pumping out his major hit, “Aw Naw”, among many other songs.
- Also performing will be The Black Crowes, with their famous meld of rock, soul, and blues.
- A “Plazapalooza” Battle of the Bands winner, Fides, will open up the on-stage music at 7pm.
- “Grill Your Bash Off” is a grilling competition of two-person teams, set up in the Cotton District, beginning at 4pm. The winner receives the constantly coveted prize of a 75 quart Yeti cooler, and two VIP passes to BB.
- The T-shirts are pretty sweet, however, BulldogBash tweeted Wednesday morning there were only 30 left. Good luck getting your hands on one.
Starkville has always been a town tough on alcohol laws and alcohol is strictly forbidden on campus. The police know, with the many thousands of people packing the streets, it will be hard to enforce usual laws. They will, however, be tough on public drunkenness. Have fun, but keep yourself in control!
This will more than likely be the biggest Bulldog Bash yet, so be careful, watch out for each other, be kind, and don’t talk trash to the other team (too much)! With the Bash on Friday, it may be a very good thing that the football game doesn’t start until 6pm on Saturday. Eat your weight in grits, eggs, and bacon, take some Tylenol, and get ready to clang clang clang your cowbell Saturday at 6pm!
By Saturday all Bulldog Bash events will be over, but all restaurants and bars will be open and ready to serve Dawgs and Tigers alike. Beer is sold in stores from 10 am to 1 am. Restaurants and bars sell until 2am. If you have any energy left, Downtown Main Street shops and restaurants will be open from 12pm-3pm, called the Bulldog Brunch & Browse during every home game weekend. Starkville really has some unique, one of a kind shops downtown. Everyone should really take a little time to peruse all of them. You’ll fall in love with the kindness and charm!
Follow gridirongirl @gridirongirlorg, Laurie @LaurieADyer, Mississippi State Football @HailStateFBall, and Bulldog Bash events @MSUBulldogBash