After three weeks away (two games on the road and one bye week), the Aggies are returning to Kyle Field for a four game home stretch. It was a nice little break from the last four game home stretch, but those of us in Aggieland are ready for them to be back!
So, I thought I would bring you some Fun Facts heading into this week’s Auburn game:
- Auburn is ranked #24 (5-1) and the Aggies are sitting pretty at #7 (5-1) in the AP Poll.
- Auburn leads the SEC in rushing.
- A&M leads the SEC in passing and total offense.
- The Aggies continue to be undefeated on the road since joining the SEC. (Love this fact!)
- Mid-year Defensive MVP? Deshazor Everett – Texas A&M can clone animals at their vet school – think we could just clone Everett and have him play every position? No? Ok – I’ll just be happy if he is back on the field for the Auburn game… his injury from the Ole Miss game is kind of a mystery and today Coach Sumlin said he is “probably probable”.
- Mike Evans can play basketball and football. Now we know he can hurdle grown humans as well.
- Trey Williams. Welcome back. So glad you are healthy again. You are a thrill to watch.
- The Aggies have scored first in 17 of 18 games (the only one they didn’t was versus Rice this year).
- They have scored over 40 points in every game this year – and eight straight games total – which is tied for the longest in FBS.
- Kyle Field has been sold out for 18 straight games – and again – the next four are at Kyle. With SEC games of Auburn, Vanderbilt and Mississippi State, I would anticipate that would remain a true statement. And former backup QB Showers is now leading the UTEP offense, so what might be a ‘down’ game for A&M, will now prove to be quite entertaining on both sides of the ball for us.
- Josh Lambo was a 1st round draft pick by FC Dallas (as a goalie) in 2008. Great video of his celebration after his last-second game winning kick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tXEHFNmon8E He never played football until coming to A&M and said this during an interview: “Summer of 2012 I made a couple of highlight tapes with my kicking coach and really wanted to finish my education. A&M responded.” So thankful that the Aggies saw that tape and made the call!
- Going into the Ole Miss game, the Aggies have used a total of 25 NEW players on the field (17 true freshman, four red shirt freshman and four transfers). That is impressive!
- Coach Sumlin gives great one liners in his press conferences. I love watching his reactions to some of the questions asked of him. After the Ole Miss game he said: “Our guys, they don’t quit. That’s been a trademark here the last year-and-a-half.” I LOVE this about the team. They. Don’t. Quit!
- The Over/Under for total points scored between Auburn at Texas A&M is 71.
- Texas A&M fills up the highest percentage of seats per game based on the stadium/student body ratio in the SEC – 104.7%
- The SEC is STILL the best conference in the Nation – this week there are eight ranked teams in the AP poll – the most from any conference. EVER.
Thanks and Gig ‘Em