1. The Pink helmets, socks, shoes and gloves are amazing and all the PINK is for a good cause. Several of the helmets are currently being auctioned off at goducks.com. If you want one, it’s going to cost you thousands. All proceeds go to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. I just had a chance to chat with the fund’s chairman. I was really impressed with the fund’s goal to reach the underprivileged. For example, they have two mobile units that travel to impoverished areas and provide free mammography and other cancer screenings.
2. According to gridirongirl.com’s google analytics, half of the country wants to know if Marcus Mariota has a girlfriend.
3. These are not the Ducks of old. Well, at least the last 5 years. The passing game has taken over and even the running backs are lining up in the slot. (Side Note: This is why the game is taking so long. Pass plays take less time off the clock and clearly, Wazzu loves their passing game too).
4. Mariota has been sacked 3 times tonight and fumbled once- kind of a bummer, but I don’t think it’ll matter. That kid is solid and doesn’t rattle easily. My guess is he’ll come out swinging in the second half.
5. Thomas Tyner is a stud. This kid may end up with his own Heisman campaign in the years to come.
6. Huff likes to hurdle and I like it when he hurdles too.
7. The PAC 12 refs missed a horrible face mask call against Byron Marshall, who almost had his head snapped off (sorry, that was kind of graphic).
8. The crowd is much too quiet. Not sure what’s up with that.
9. No DAT tonight, but Byron Marshall is killin’ it. He’s nearly reached 100 yards in the first half!
10. The score is a little too close for Duck fan comfort, but I predict things are about to heat up. I’m going to go Oregon 58 Wazzu 37.
On to the second half! Go Ducks!