3 games are in the books and the Aggies are heading to Dallas this weekend to take on the SMU Mustangs. A few notable things this week:
- The Aggies are 3-0 and ranked #6. SMU is 0-2 and just lost their head coach, who resigned last week.
- SMU Gameday info can be found here: https://www.aggienetwork.com/events/gameday.aspx.
- The last 2 home games have set a NCAA record for largest student attendance: Lamar had 38,800 students and Rice had 39,271 students. THAT is the 12th Man folks! (to put this in perspective Florida state allocates around 16,000 student tickets per game, Alabama has about 17,000 student seats and Nebraska has 8,500). There are about 50K students so that means almost all of them that are at the games every Saturday! That is impressive. Take a bow 12th Man!
- True freshman Myles Garrett has 5.5 sacks in 3 games. Jadeveon Clowney holds the freshman SEC record with 8. Myles will break that quickly and then blow by it.
- True freshman and electric WR Speedy Noil is reportedly out for 3-5 weeks with a knee injury. #ouch
- The offensive line continues to be impressive. Ok, let’s just say the entire offense is impressive. Sure, there were an unusual amount of dropped passes in the Rice game, but they are all human and it’s going to happen. They are a talented group and are fun to watch!
- The SEC West is scary good. 5 Teams in the top 10 – and they all play each other in the coming weeks. Considering that fact, the top 10 is going to get all jumbled up. There is a good chance whoever wins the SEC Championship will be the only SEC team in the playoffs.
- Did anyone see the coin toss for the UT vs UCLA game?! That was fun. 😉
Until next time Ags! Have fun in Dallas! Gig ‘Em!