Well folks, the first college game held at Levi’s Stadiums is a close one. While many believed the Cal Bears stood no chance against the 6th ranked Oregon Ducks, they are doing all they can to silence the naysayers. Going into the half, Cal trails Oregon by just 10 points and has managed to put up a strong fight against the Ducks, who are playing without several key players, including Running Back, Thomas Tyner, Defensive End, Arik Armstead and Punt Kicker, Matt Wogan. Both Armstead and Tyner are both believed injured but the reason for Wogan’s absence is a mystery.
Now that tonight’s game 3 of the World Series is over, all eyes can turn to the second half in Levi’s Stadium. For those that missed the first half, here are some quick highlights:
1. Marcus Mariota has made some amazing improvised plays, but unfortunately ended his no-interception streak in the second quarter.
2. Dwayne Stanford is leading all Oregon receivers tonight with 86 yards and 2 touchdowns.
3. Neither Quarterback has been sacked.
4. Cal has had nearly twice as many penalties for twice as many years as Oregon.
5. Byron Marshall is making a statement tonight with several big plays.
6. Both teams have turned the ball over twice.
7. Ducks Secondary is still struggling all over the board and almost took another hit when Eric Dargan was injured in the first half. Luckily, he quickly returned to the game.
Get read for an exciting second half Duck Fans! Do not sleep on Cal.