Oregon Football will host its second annual “Saturday Night Live” youth camp tonight, at Autzen Stadium. The event will feature the Oregon Football coaching staff working with over 70 of the nations top high school athletes and several current Oregon commits from the 2019, 2020 and 2021 classes.
“SNL” is a FREE event (with free parking) and all fans are welcome to attend. Gates will open at 3pm and the event will run from 4-5:45pm.
Even if you don’t follow recruiting closely, here are just a couple of reasons why you should definitely be there. . .
- The Cristobal and Co. X-Factor. Fans will get a good look at how the Oregon coaching staff works under the direction of Head Coach, Mario Cristobal. It’s a good opportunity to see their energy, passion and perhaps the X-Factor that’s helped them recruit the nation’s 4th best 2019 recruiting class (See #2).
- Top Athletes on display. Among those scheduled to attend tonight’s event will be more than 20 four-star recruits from across the country. The Ducks will also be hosting at least 10 verbal commits from the 2019 class and 1 from the 2021 class. Fans should be able to get a sense of what the types of athletes the current Oregon coaching staff has focused on. Check out our good friend from Rivals.com, A.J. Jacobson’s breakdown here. He’s been killing it on the recruiting trail this offseason and we have yet to see better coverage!
- Little Brothers. In case you missed it, Eugene native and kid brother to current QB Justin Herbert, Patrick Herbert (TE), will be in attendance. He is currently a hard commit is a 4-star recruit who had offers from Cal, Florida, Nebraska, and Oregon State, among others. Should Justin Herbert decide to stay at Oregon his senior year, both brothers may take the field.
- Fans Matter. Believe it or not, fans play a big role in the recruiting process. Many athletes participating tonight have yet to commit to a school. Most will have several scholarship offers and this will be their first real taste of Autzen and what makes it so incredible-the fans! Last year, thousands of fans helped make the event a huge success. Be there tonight and help make this year’s event even better!
In case you’re curious, here’s what I’ll be watching:
- Receivers and Tight Ends. By far, Oregon’s biggest position need is the receiver position. Though several wide receivers will be in attendance, I’ll have my eye on the Calabasas, CA star, Mykah Pittman. The 4-star recruit committed to Oregon just this month after fielding over 30 other offers across the country. Sure, fans will have to wait a year to really see Pittman at work but it should be fun to get a feel for what this future Duck has to offer.
Hope to see you there, Ducks fans! If nothing else, Autzen is always a fun place to be and the sunny forecast means you’ll have a great opportunity to work on your tan! Oh! Did I mention Fall Camp starts on August 3rd??! Go Ducks!
What will you be watching for tonight? Comment below or hit me up on Twitter at @UOgridirongirl