The Ducks (7-4) and Beavers (2-9) will meet up this Friday in Corvallis. Despite the win/loss disparity between the teams, any true Oregonian knows all records go out the window when it comes to the Civil War.
Since we’d all rather be stuffing our face with Turkey/pumpkin pie/macaroni and cheese/mashed potatoes than reading, here are a few quick hits to get you up to speed for this year’s Civil War. While your at it, feel free to drop some knowledge on your Beavers fan relatives. Hey! football is ALWAYS better than talking politics right?
- This will be the 122nd meeting between Oregon and Oregon State.
- Both teams have a first year head coach.
- Oregon has won 9 of the last 10 meetings and 4 of the last 5 in Corvallis.
- To get ready for this road game, Oregon piped in Reeser Stadium’s signature chainsaw sound during this weeks’ practices.
- Oregon QB Justin Herbert’s 26 consecutive games with at least 1 touchdown pass is currently the best in the nation.
- When Herbert has started for the Ducks, since his arrival in Eugene, the team has averaged 38.8 points.
- A win for Oregon would also snap a 3 game losing streak on the road.
- Oregon WR Dillon Mitchell currently leads the Pac-12 in receiving yards. He is also 1 of just 2 FBS players to reach 1000 passing yards this season in conference play.
- Oregon State’s freshman running back, Jermar Jefferson is quickly making a name for himself. He is currently OSU’s top rusher and is leading and or tying many of the Pac-12 and FBS rushing records.
- If anyone can stop Jefferson it is Oregon LB Troy Dye has been the team’s leading tackler in 19 of 35 games. since stepping foot in Autzen 3 years ago, Dye has been one of the team’s most consistent players.
- A win for Oregon would give them a better record than they finished with last season and would be the first 8 win season since 2015.
There you have it Oregon fans! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and Go Ducks!